DOUXO® Chlorhexidine products are designed to control bacterial and fungal populations associated with skin infections while eliminating itching, restoring the skin barrier and regulating the inflammation associated with these conditions.
What is DOUXO® Chlorhexidine?
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine is designed for the topical treatment of the skin of dogs and cats experiencing bacterial or fungal skin infections. DOUXO® Chlorhexidine helps replenish the skin barrier that protects your pets from bacteria, fungi and yeasts, and other skin irritants. The pro-ceramide, Phytosphingosine and other soothing and moisturizing agents help restore and strengthen the mechanical skin barrier, and soothe irritated skin.
The DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Shampoo and Micro-emulsion Spray protocol (along with antibiotic treatment) helps improve skin and coat health within 7 days vs. antibiotic treatment alone.2
Weekly use of the DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Micro-emulsion Spray helps prevent relapse of infection after the end of antibiotic treatment. compared to antibiotic treatment alone.2
Shampoo, Mousse and Pads formula
- Antiseptic cleansing of the skin
- Helps provide relief from itching and inflammation associated with skin infections
- Helps restore the skin barrier
- Soothing and moisturizing
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine contains Phytosphingosine
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine contains the molecule Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild the natural ceramides in the skin that support a healthy skin barrier.
A healthy skin barrier:
- Retains moisture
- Maintains normal bacterial and yeast flora
- Helps balance microflora
- Ensures normal cell turnover
PROTOCOL FOR USE
Before use consult with your veterinarian on the best protocol for your pet. Download this protocol sheet to take to your veterinary office for usage instructions on your pet.
Use 1 of these products every 3 days for best results
Once a week, bathe with the Shampoo to remove debris and clean the skin and hair.
Then every 3 days use either Mousse or Micro-Emulsion Spray to help moisturize, kill bacteria, yeasts and fungi, and help reduce the itch and inflammation.
Repeat this protocol for 3 weeks or as directed by your veterinarian.
Once a day
DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Pads are specially designed to care for small or difficult to reach areas such as in between the toe pads or skin folds.
1. BIO'SAT Quantitative Study: Dermatological products for cats and dogs among 250 U.S. Veterinary Practices. Nov 2016.
2. A study conducted in France using EU formulation comparing the efficacy of antibiotic plus DOUXO® topical therapy vs. antibiotic treatment alone. Clinical efficacy of DOUXO® Chlorhexidine Shampoo + DOUXO® Micro-emulsion Spray protocol in controlling superficial pyoderma in dogs in combination with cefalexin, compared to cefalexin alone.