Just like people, your pet can experience allergies too. DOUXO® Calm can help provide your dog or cat with relief from the discomfort of itching and inflammation due to allergies.
What is DOUXO® Calm?
DOUXO® Calm is a unique formulation of ingredients shown to help reduce inflammation, soothe irritated and itchy skin, and help repair and restore the skin barrier.
DOUXO® Calm replenishes the barrier that protects your pet from allergens and irritants and is clinically proven to help improve skin hydration in 3 weeks (see chart).2 The skin becomes more supple which can help reduce the sensation of itching.
DOUXO® Calm Shampoo and Mousse protocol has been clinically proven to help to control pruritus (itching) in dogs.3 DOUXO® Calm Mousse has been clinically shown to help reduce inflammation and help restore the skin barrier within 5 days.4
- Helps interrupt the vicious cycle of pruritus (itching)
- Helps provide relief from skin inflammation
- Helps restore the skin barrier
DOUXO® Calm contains Phytosphingosine
DOUXO® Calm contains the molecule Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild the natural ceramides to support a healthy skin barrier.
Phytosphingosine is a key player in helping maintain a healthy skin barrier. A healthy skin barrier:
- Retains moisture
- Maintains normal bacterial and yeast flora
- Helps balance microflora
- Ensures normal cell turnover
DOUXO® Calm also contains Pseudofilaggrin
The skin of dogs with allergies is deficient in filaggrin. Filaggrin is a protein that helps the skin develop properly to form the outermost protective layer of skin.
DOUXO® Calm contains pseudofilaggrin (Saccharomyces cervisiae extract) to help skin cells develop correctly and also help the skin retain moisture.
Protocol for use
Before use consult with your veterinarian on the best protocol for your pet. Download this protocol sheet to take to your veterinary hospital for usage instructions for your pet.
Use 1 of these products every 3 days for best results
Once a week, bathe with the Shampoo to remove allergens and clean the skin and hair.
Then every 3 days use either Mousse or Micro-Emulsion Spray to help moisturize and reduce the itch and inflammation.
Repeat this protocol for 3 weeks.
Once a day
For small areas of the skin, spray the gel directly on the irritated skin.
For preventive maintenance during allergy season
Shampoo once a month with DOUXO® Calm Shampoo and use either the Calm Mousse or Calm Micro-emulsion Spray weekly.
1. BIO'SAT Quantitative Study: Dermatological products for cats and dogs among 250 U.S. Veterinary Practices. October 2018.
2. Fantini O., et al, Restructuring effect of a Phytosphingosine-containing shampoo and mousse on the cutaneous barrier in five atopic dogs: preliminary results of a field study. Vet Derm. 2015, 26, 300 (Abstract).
3. Bensignor E., et al, A multicentric randomised controlled single-blinded study to evaluate the value of a new protocol with a shampoo and a foam to treat canine allergic dermatitis Prart Méd Chir Anim Comp. 2013;48(2):49-55.
4. Pin D., et al, An emulsion restores the skin barrier by decreasing skin pH and inflammation in a canine experimental model. J Comp Pathol, 2014 Aug-Oct;151(2-3):244-45.